We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Today - The Weather and Gooseberries.

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

The BBC's Radio4 'Today' is a stripped-down version due to jounalists' industrial action.Worth a listen.It will keep John and Sarah on their toes this morning...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I listened in to radio4's news program tonight at 10pm...there was still no news. (Some say 'no news is good news'). I missed my daily 'fix' today. People 'all over the land' must have felt like me. Tomorrow it's business as usual...at least those gooseberries got a plug.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

It's a crime to cook ripe Gooseberries.

Particularly Leveller and Derby(the purple ones). Get some of that green Netting from a Garden Centre and either drape it over the bush or, better still, make a simple frame and drape it over that.

Wait until they reach the size of the Cherry Tomatoes or are beginning to burst. Then pick one off the bush, minding the thorns, nick the skin with a tooth and squeeze the pulp into your mouth ~ Bliss!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Then you will find out why the Kiwi Fruit was originally called the Cape Gooseberry ~ but the Kiwi is a pale imitation of the flavour of the real thing.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

When I used to holiday in the Highlands in the '60s as a 8/10 year old, the most memorable thing was picking the wild raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries, whatever berries and taking them back to grannies to be made into jam. We probably ate much more than were left for the jam, but the taste of those day old jams is still fresh in my mind now.

I can't imagine modern kids thinking that as a good holiday experience.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...