We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's happening at You Tube?

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Found, and I use the term loosely (Radio 2 helped) a singer called Caro Emerald.

Excellent voice and tends to sing retro songs. Thoroughly enjoyed her "A Night Like This - Official video" and will post the list. Song at top.

Then I started to read the comments and was a bit surprised to say the least.

Seeing I've not created an account at You Tube I would have thought that the default setting would be U and would not show such comments. Not swearing as such but still offensive enough I think.

I must be old fashioned.

[Caro Emerald ]1

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Caro Emerald

Link again.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Great Voice

Surely not Jazz as someone commented here?

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

".... I would have thought that the default setting would be U and would not show such comments. Not swearing as such but still offensive enough I think."

I wish. As good as Youtube are at filtering inappropriate videos, they do nothing (as with a lot of high traffic website) to filter explicit comments. As my children grow up, it doesn't give me sleepless night wondering how to ensure that they don't get influenced by puerile comments, but I do wonder how to protect them while ensuring they have the benefits of what the web can offer.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I had a look at u tube. it's ok if you can find exactly what u are lookin' for. HB

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

OTT_B Thanks for your comments. I'm an old man and on his second brew of children. Been on the web a while and YouTube always defaulted to strict census until godoogle took over.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Finally your post arrives.

I had a look at u tube. it's ok if you can find exactly what u are lookin' for. HB

Ta.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Well I never, Jazz singer, Emerald

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Actually, you are better off WITH a Youtube account. You can filter out the rubbish, create your own playlists and much more..... I rarely use the "Front End" I just login to my account.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'll create an account to see. Thanks Crosstrainer2.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

Caro Emerald is singing on Strictly Come Dancing on Sunday.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses