We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 493

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All. This a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted with the inevitable plain back so no clues! It looks like lodge gates to me, but where? click here

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Congratulations LazarusII. Is your middle name Sherlock?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Hmmmm, that's trouble with going down the track of convincing yourself that it must be in one area...

Like Taff, I find it hard to believe that those cars were being used as late as 1951.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Taff and Quickbeam - They must have been meticulously careful looking after those magnificent vehicles.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Magnificent they may be but VIP cars that are 3 decades out of period in a time when auto technology was changing weekly, makes it akin to the Queen using a Freddie flintstone car now!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Even then the Queen couln't afford a new car every year!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - The Royals have always been an anachronisn...and always will be.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd,Well Done, I too never believed this one could be cracked!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But what model are the anachronisms are they travelling in AitchBEE?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I think they may be travelling in a pair of 'Long Johns' as it looks a bit nippy...I can't say what the model number is.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

I think the royal visit must have just visited the Earl of Sefton as they are just emerging from the grounds of Croxteth Hall.

"In the 1850s, Lord Sefton remodelled West Derby Village to make a suitable ‘gateway’ for Croxteth Hall. The old chapel was pulled down and replaced by a grand cathedral-like parish church to reflect the status of the area. New buildings were put up around the newly-created Village square while an imposing gateway and lodge guarded a sweeping drive leading down to the Hall."

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer