We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 493

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All. This a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted with the inevitable plain back so no clues! It looks like lodge gates to me, but where? click here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

buteman don't get nothing from your link

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes tried it myself and cannot connect to it.I must be doing something wrong.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

woodchip

I Know I tried this,List of Rolls-Royce motor cars and clicked on Wikipedia. Then the Twenty selection.And those looked the most likely.

But tried copy and paste and it does not work.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that the clue to location is going to be the two bear statues at the entrance to the country estate. They appear to be holding a stave or axe.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

They`re Lions Rampant

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

buteman and anyone else interested, links with italic characters don't work as click here's.

link text

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes can now see they are bear's

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Concentrating on the figures on the top of the gateposts I searched my copy of Fairbairn's Crests but all to no avail. There were lions holding flagpoles, which looked similar but bears were quite scarce. Now that I'm cross-eyed I think I shall give up for a while!

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

They are Lions with flagpoles. You're eyes don't deceive!

Like this post
Toneman

Likes # 0

A while ago one of the BBC channels ran a programme about all the Rolls Royces purchased by the Maharajahs in India, wonder if it was a royalty visit to the Raj?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014