We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 493

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All. This a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted with the inevitable plain back so no clues! It looks like lodge gates to me, but where? click here

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The ladies hats are more 1921, they look to be a mix of older broad brimmed Edwardian and the newer cloche hat.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Cars are Early 1920's to 1930. and it looks like some kind of Gate Lodge with the Horses heads

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Got to agree with Toneman - the date is all wrong. The cars are more like 1920`s and the Police uniforms are more like this. Police Uniforms 1920-1930 Note the flat caps worn by all but the one in the cape.

If we could identify the car perhaps ...

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just noticed on the road about 15 Ft in front of the first car there is something that looks like a speed hump but in closer view it looks like some sort of spelling.

Not sure if it is just my eyes playing up or what.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

And on closer look it does not say Royal visit ,it says Royc.i Visit.

So not sure if it means Rolls Royce.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The lions could be Warwickshire bears with scratch posts.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This car may look a bit similar.http://luxurycarphotos.tripod.com/37rolls25-30.jpg

But the cars in the picture looks a lot older so probably not a Rolls Royce which I thought.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This looks more like the one in the photo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rolls-Royce20HP.jpg

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Second car is later than the one in front. looks like about 1932 model vauxhall

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...