We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 493

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All. This a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted with the inevitable plain back so no clues! It looks like lodge gates to me, but where? click here

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Brumas

Stop sitting at your mac and buy the remote control....I use it to avoid just such issues.

As for this one, I have no idea :))

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Don't know if this helps, but royal visits in 1951 seem to have been concentrated in Canada.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Crosstrainer2, Taking all things into account i.e. the car being driven on the left hand side and the stationary car is right hand drive, I believe it to be in the UK.

"I use it to avoid just such issues"., youv'e lost me there old pal?

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

fourm member, if only the other writing wasn't truncated it might have given us a photographer's name or studio!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The cars look much older than 1951 by several decades. The lines across the centre must be trolley bus cables and it must be winter time.

Other than that, is it another coastal scene?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Brumas

You can buy a small remote control unit for your mac (I had one with my apple TV which is the same) You pair it with your mac, and you can sit in a comfy chair and control your mac.

About £30.00 Sorry for hijacking this......still looking!

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Looking at the long straight road the entourage is coming up, I'd swear it was somewhere in lincolnshire...Stamford, Grantham or the like?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I wonder.....?

Royal Visit

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Shall have to admit defeat for now, time for meds. and bed. Night all.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

This is all I could find,

Surprise Royal Visit

"On the 8th March 1951 Her Majesty the Queen and Her Royal Highness Princess Margaret paid a surprise visit to the Bristol Aeroplane Company Limited to inspect the Brabazon."

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'