We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

F1 to be shared by BBC & Sky

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think you know what I think of Sky, what do you make of a shared coverage with not all the race live on free to air?

Sky grab

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

As regards F1, it doesn't interest me particularly, but if it's one of the few sports you watch, you'll have to buy a full years subscription at £40 per month to watch less than 10% of their footie orientated output to see what interests you.

When will they wake up to that the fact there are lots of us that will never subscribe to full sports access with an interest in less than 10% of their output?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

The current F1 season has reached record viewing figures, which is entirely down to the excellent BBC coverage, and no adverts interrupting. ITV once dropped into adverts during the last lap.

I'd love to see what the viewing figures will be for the races the BBC doesn't show live next year.

At least I'll be able to see the Monaco, British & last Grands Prix live

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But if F1 is your only sport, that's about all you'll see without a rip off subscription.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Just yet another nail in the coffin of those of us who refuse to pay for premium TV services. I never have, and I never will, despite all my favourite sports migrating in droves.

Is it too much to ask for live Cricket and Rugby on the BBC...? Apparently so. F1 will eventually be pay to view as well.

I wonder what I pay my license fee for sometimes.

Like this post
feb

Likes # 0

I'm sure it will be available online from another country and we'll listen to 5 Live!

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

feb

I'm a great 5 Live fan TMS is great if you know the game,but it would be nice to watch live.... I know there are iffy sites that stream sport live, even have a couple of mates who use them, but not for me.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As I replied in another thread, F1 was the only sport I'd drop tools to watch. Seeing only half of the season doesn't interest me and listening to a radio and looking at a foreign station doesn't interest me either. Goodbye F1.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

It is cash registers all the time. That being the case, I won't be subscribing to Sky. It is very expensive and what's the betting that once you have paid the "joining fee", you will then be charged extra for "special" events. No thanks, I won't be lining the pockets of the likes of Ecclestone or Murdoch. I doubt there will be any real opposition to Murdoch's empire taking on board the whole of BskyB, never mind the fit for purpose edict!

TonyV

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

i have watched f1 since 1992 and that may well now end do not want to pay sky subscription just to watch f1 as i do not watch other sport. also it seems sky will have all of the major sporting events soon which seems to be a monoply some people cant afford sky others on principle will not subscribe i have virgin media so could watch.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

TonyV

That has alway's been my philosophy as well. I had to wait 2 years, and obtain a senior person at Virgin Media through a friend before I finally got Broadband WITHOUT TV or Phone.

A tip for anyone else who has had problems doing this....(straight form the engineer who installed mine) is to listen to the sales talk, order your package (be specific about the BB speed you want) and on installation day, simply tell the engineer that you don't want the TV or the phone.

He told me this happens all the time. They install BB, you contact VM and tell them and off you go. Would have saved me a lot of time, and as the chap I spoke to agreed VM would have been collecting money from me for a long time.

As for F1 on the radio....No, it just won't work. I too shall cease to watch if they only cover half the races. Pointless.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room