We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lee Child

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

Does anyone here read the books by Lee Child with his hero Jack Reacher?

Jack is described in the books as being a 6ft 5in tall, ex Military policeman who travels round the USA with just a toothbrush in his pocket. This man is big and tough.

So, who do you think has been selected to play him in the upcoming Hollywood movie?

The answer is Tom Cruise who stands at 5ft 7in. What a tragic case of miscasting.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

It could have been Alan Ladd.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've read all the books, they pretty good if you like this sort of one-man army books, but I have to agree that I was stunned that Tom "Thumb" Cruise was chosen to play the part.

My only thought is that the rest of the cast will either be young children or Hobbits...

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

I am reading them all - just started the 5th book. In my minds eye I can see a young Steven Seagal.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I reckon they may have to build his shoes up a bit more than usual.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

I am sure that Tom Cruise will complain about the size of the toothbrush.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

'It could have been Alan Ladd' that would have been interesting,is he not dead?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

'In my minds eye I can see a young Steven Seagal' probably ranks as one of the worst actors of all time.

Like this post
JanetO

Likes # 0

Apparently Alan Ladd had to stand on a wooden box in some scenes in Shane. With Cruise it will have to be built-up shoes as well.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The actor who played King Arthur in the film 'Excalibur' was vertically challenged...namely Nigel Terry.He had to carry a big tooth-pic around with him - his sword. Don't believe IMDB.com's 6'1" he was 5'6" probably 5'5" now.The boy scenes are a give away. My favourite film. Nigel's performance is breathtaking! (Merlin stole the show though)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

A younger Clint Eastwood may have been suitable but not Tom Cruise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...