We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does pca website go world-wide?

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

What is the percentage of non UK surfers and subscribers to this site? Seems to me it's a uk site.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - I see your point. I will see my friend at the end of the month when he comes up to see his mum. When I was talking to Brian on the phone last week I got the impression that it was not going to be as straight forward as I had envisaged. My intentions are very innocent as I have pointed out in previous forum entries. A photograph in conjunction with a worded question or query might be a step forward for this website...which is, in my humble opinion, the best.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

*"Woolwell Posted 42 minutes ago at 12:41PM If you look at the post on website design then you will see what AitchBEE intended. But it isn't possible because of copyright. Your friend who is constructing the website should have known that. You have to be careful with any website that you do not infringe copyright. You are publishing on the web."*

So is all stuff from on PC Advisor site copyrighted?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

AitchBEE you can put a link to a photo on photobucket for example. This sometime happens when people want to ask a question and a screenshot helps.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I will develop my website (without) PCA in mind. 'Negativity sometimes pulls you through.' -

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 1

Aitchbee - that quote was taken from your most recent post in Webdesign.

No, we are not splitting hairs. Do I really have to explain?

"show visual images of my posts on Speakers Corner" obviously means posting screencaps of the PCA forum page with your post taking centre stage.

This statement has led the FE to respond as he did in that post.

"show visual images in my posts on Speakers Corner" means inserting photos or other images into your post to illustrate a point. Like you say:

"to be able to enhance my inputs to this forum by doing a CLICK here link to show some 'schnapps' I have taken.Photography is a good way to tell a story...don't you think?"

I couldn't agree more.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

A great site that I use, is imageshack.us It is very simple to use, and does not even require registration, unless you want to use it alot, it is better to register.

I have not used photobucket or and other uploader as imageshack gives me everything that fits my needs.

There is even an app for iphone, ipad, which is really good.

I just thought to suggest something that is likely to meet your needs.

I even uploads videos (not something that I have used, as YouTube is my Video uploader.

There is a limited version and pay for version. The Pay for version allows for over 6mb images and is unlimited uploads but I have 26 on at the moment, and am not sure how many more am able to use, but I guess it is just a matter of finding out if it is enough for your needs.

If not, then at least you have tried.

I might look into photobucket or something soon a later, but not until I have used imageshack up to the bones

Jason

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

You should listen to what Covergirl has said she is absolutely right.

That simple change of "of" and "in" completely changes why the FE said what he did in Webdesign post.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Covergirl and bremner both of you are correct.My way with words is sometimes lacking in what I mean to convey.Thanks for putting me right. Appologies all round.I hope everyone gets the gist of my intentions.HB

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My intentions are to continue to post and reply to posts by the members in the way I have been doing for the past 18 months.And if it were possible to augment these posts (occasionally with a photograph which I have taken) to enhance and illucidate any matter where a photograpgh would be fitting. My website which would be professionally maintained (by my friend) is where the photos would be placed.I thought this would be straight-forward. I take photos with a simple digital camera. I think members might like to see 'My Verandah Improvements' or Glasgow's Big Road Development or that pigeon that eats snails.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please restrict discussion about your website to the thread I transferred to the webdesign forum.

If you want to post links to images you've taken you don't have to go through the process of maintaining a website - you could simply post links to images you've uploaded to a Photobucket account, like other forum members do.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...