We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does pca website go world-wide?

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

What is the percentage of non UK surfers and subscribers to this site? Seems to me it's a uk site.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

So Harry, what do you want to do with this website then eh?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Covergirl - Initially only to be able to enhance my inputs to this forum by doing a CLICK here link to show some 'schnapps' I have taken.Photography is a good way to tell a story...don't you think?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I got a thumbs down from the Forum Editor :o( (over on the webdesign forum).

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Would it not be easier use somewhere like photobucket and link to that as Brumas does every Friday with his identification long shot's?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Forum Editor said:- All websites can be seen anywhere in the world, as has been pointed out. The only exceptions are in countries (like China) where the government censors access to some internet content.

Why has my website been banned before it has got off the ground?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

To Forum Editor. I will respect your final decision with regards to posting my 'schnapps' on the Speaker's Forum. Respectability is my middle-name. Nothing improper would appear. Honest. HB

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

I think you have perhaps made a spelling error - "show visual images of my posts on Speakers Corner" should possibly read "show visual images in my posts on Speakers Corner.

I read it as you want to link to your own photos (schnapps?) on your own website. The difference between "of" and "in" in the extract makes all the difference.

But like Strawballs says, just upload your photos to Photobucket (or preferably Tinypic) and copy the URL into your post.

Or have I got your intentions totally wrong??

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Hate to say this, but whatever you website presents, it might not reach the heights of commercial companies, with a megabuck finance resource.

One can only but try though?.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

covergirl - my recent relevant posts don't contain 'of' or 'in'.Are we not splitting hairs here? ...your reply is appreciated. spuds - thanks for that...my mate Brian might take offence to that remark. He makes his living constructing websites.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you look at the post on website design then you will see what AitchBEE intended. But it isn't possible because of copyright. Your friend who is constructing the website should have known that. You have to be careful with any website that you do not infringe copyright. You are publishing on the web.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?