We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Does pca website go world-wide?

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

What is the percentage of non UK surfers and subscribers to this site? Seems to me it's a uk site.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

The address is a bit of a give away pcadvisor.CO.UK

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Strawballs - thanks for that. I have just started a website namely www.aitchbee.com (nothing on it yet).So potentially my website could be seen by the planet and this website is just available to uk surfers?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's a UK based site but it is world wide. www stands for world wide web! You can assume that anything on the internet can be read anywhere unless the site is blocked or has security restrictions. Some of the questions we get are from non-UK users. Some of are regulars are based in Spain, Thailand, Crete, etc.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

No. Any website is, broadly speaking, available worldwide, apart from places like China.

There is a regular poster, whose name escapes me, my apologies, from Thailand

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For "are" read "our". Spell checkers don't work if you spell the word correctly but type the wrong word!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

To get my website up and running cost me £15. I tried to get a .co.uk address but the .com address seems better value. My friend will set it up for me.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - Thanks for that - are you the alter ego of the Forum Editor?..I hope you have a sense of humour :o)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Definitely not the alter ego of FE.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thank you - Woolwell. had you worried for while. But I hope you have a sense of humour anyway :0) HB

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

All websites can be seen anywhere in the world, as has been pointed out. The only exceptions are in countries (like China) where the government censors access to some internet content.

We have lots of international forum registrations from all kinds of countries, and of course our content is available to anyone via a Google search. There are forum members in America, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, all European countries, Africa, and some from South America.

Obviously the bulk of of our members are UK residents.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED