We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is the running time for video tapes?

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can anybody tell me what the running time is for a video tape. Description is (TDK) EHG EC45, VHS/C. I am guessing it is 45 minutes but am not sure. I need the information to have some of these tapes converted to DVD's.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

45 minutes Click here

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

45 minutes at normal mode, or 90 minutes in long play mode

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

It depends on How much Video is on the tape. Your question is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Whny not convert them yourself rather than pay someone to do it for you?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

What's video tape? :-)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Would that be the little chunky tape that goes into a video camera? Still got some of them in the house somewhere and have got the gadget to convert them into digital format.My intentions were to clear the tapes and use them again.I've still got the old video camera.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the answers folks. I will take it that they are 45 minute tapes.

I gave my camera away a long time ago and regret that I also must have given away the adaptor in which the smaller tapes fitted. I realise I could probably convert the tapes myself if I had the adaptor, as I know that somewhere in one of my cupboards there is a practically new Video player. I assume I would then just require a lead from that to my computer. But by the time I have got that organised I could have them away and back by post.

Thanks again for the information.

Like this post  
Condom

Likes # 0

I wish you had posted this a week ago as I just threw out my Panasonic adapter for putting the small VHS tapes into a normal Video recorder and I would gladly have sent it to you. I converted all my tapes on to DVD some time ago and they came out better than expected and much easier to subsequently edit.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Thanks for the thought Condom. I'm asking around relatives at the moment in case someone has an adaptor laying about doing nothing. Fingers crossed something happens before tomorrow, when I will post them off to be done elsewhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...