We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Met Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson quits

john 52

Likes # 0

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

bremmer

thanks for update

Like this post
March Hare

Likes # 0

To parody Oscar Wilde:

"To lose one Commissioner may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose two looks like carelessness."

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

The debate about public schools is always very interesting.

Like many here I am sure I have met many who have had public school backgrounds.

Unfortunately, without exception, there has been a lack of life's experience with them and a small amount of arrogance. Perhaps I should make it my aim to meet more people from that background to expand my horizons.

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

Oh dear, look who is now been made head of counter terrorism link text

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The stereotyping of public school pupils is misleading and insulting to many.

There are hundreds of public schools that are not Eton or Marlborough. Yes some ex pupils may conform to the stereotype, just as some from state schools will, but the majority i have met and I have met many, are bright, intelligent and down to earth, with their heads screwed on properly.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Whistleblower found dead http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14194623

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Incidentally has anyone drawn the comparison between this scandal and the mp' expenses in the way that we are being drip fed the revelations one sordid piece at a time? Far be it for me to cynically suggest that it sells more papers and airtime, but if the shoe fits...

WTM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Dick Tattor

I'm not sure why "Oh dear" should be your response to the news. Cressida Dick is widely acknowledged to be one of the most able and respected senior officers in the Police Service. I imagine she'll do a good job, and I'm certainly prepared to wait and see before passing any form of judgement.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

WhiteTruckMan

I imagine it has more to do with evidence and information emerging, rather than a deliberate attempt to "sell more papers and airtime".

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

Cressida Dick is widely acknowledged to be one of the most able and respected senior officers in the Police Service.

"The police officer who led the botched operation that ended with the fatal shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes has been made head of counter-terrorism at the Metropolitan Police Service."

"Mr Rehman added: "The Menezes case raised serious issues about both the accountability of and trust in the police. People have not forgotten the lies and deliberate misinformation that they put in the public domain to justify the killing of Jean."

Lets hope she does a better job than with Jean Charles de Menezes and the attempted cover up's.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia