We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Met Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson quits

john 52

Likes # 0

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

spuds "It would appear that some people are blaming Cameron for all this"

I haven't seen anyone blaming the PM for 'all this' - he appears to be being accused only of a gross lack of good judgement in some respects, possibly, at this juncture. Time will tell.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

John Yates has just thrown the towel in...

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

"I cannot answer any questions on that matter as it is under investigation by the police"

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

fourm member

I wouldn't be surprised if Boris pushed out John Yates. Reading between the lines Boris wouldn't take no for an answer from Sir Paul...

On a slightly different subject, I do hope that the NotW scandal dies down a little soon, if only to allow Robert Peston a little rest, he was so tired on the BBC late night news last night he sounded drunk (I'm not for a minute suggesting he was drunk, just very tired)

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

From Aunty's live feed

"Mr Yates resigned after being told he would be suspended as his conduct was being referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, the Metropolitan Police Authority confirms."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14183281

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Am I right in thinking that this action has protected his pension?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

In effect yes because it becomes "preserved benefits"

the other side is a dismissal would have to prove gross misconduct which actually might be quite hard. Gross misjudgement yes but that is rather different.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

My own take on the current situation is that Murdock arranged for Brooks arrest, so that there is no way that she can say anything, in front of The Parliamentary Committee, that inadvertently incriminates him.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

So it's right to assume that he got the nod from an old boy on the golf course that the games about to be up and to get out with as much as he can, while he can?

Looking after N01 seems the answer for most of the questions asked here.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Murdoch is pretty powerful, but I don't think even he control;s the Met, at least, not all of it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do