We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Guitar talents in the UK

rickf

Likes # 0

Watch this, she's only 16. Some of the best in the UK, not some silly pop stuff. You'll be amazed!! http://www.jamtrackcentral.com/results.php

Enjoy

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

I think she displays outstanding talent. I have seen comments on another forum that she is "mechanical" but I am not buying that - she is 16! She has plenty of time for the hard knocks and disappointments that will put "feel" into her playing...

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Her left hand is excellent, whilst her right hand is very limited. Woodchip's link has much better overall technique.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

There's two different styles of playing between the two.

I've been prating around with the second California Dreaming one on bass as the style is similar, but they're both much better than me!

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Actually, she plays more like Guthrie Govan or Alex Hutchins. Two very well known guitarists. And yes it's not about what you like. Anyone can play a 3 chord Buddy Holly song.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Anyone can play a 3 chord Buddy Holly song. Not me, haven't got a musical bone in my body, can't sing in tune, can't whistle in tune, fancied myself as a drummer in my teens until I realised I couldn't play rythms other than 4/4 or 2/4. But musically I know who and what turns me on, everything from Eva Cassidy to Count Basie to Gerry Mulligan and Beethoven's Emperor Concerto.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Or someone uncharitable could even suggest that she is miming. Her left hand is certainly mesmorising and very theatrical but to my mind her right hand plectrum movement just doesn't keep up with the music. Soory doesn't do it for me.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Facial expressions (of the guitarist) adds to the performance and enjoyment for the watching audience - none here.Apart from that gripe, I think she is good...but not amazing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...