We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Guitar talents in the UK

rickf

Likes # 0

Watch this, she's only 16. Some of the best in the UK, not some silly pop stuff. You'll be amazed!! http://www.jamtrackcentral.com/results.php

Enjoy

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"No results found, please try again." Showing from the link.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

She is good, there's a definite Latin/Santana influence there.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Not my style of music but there's no doubt about it for a 16 year old she has a great deal of talent and skill.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There's a lot of 'hidden' musical talent out there, and most of it is not discovered, either by choice or otherwise. Your 'noisy' kid neighbour, might be just one of those people?.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

She's very good, reminds me of some of the gentler Steve Vai stuff.

My personal favourite guitarist is Vini Reilly from Durutti Column, this is a performance from 1985 that demonstrates his skill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCq4z-qxKgo

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Sorry not my kind of guitar, just screaming and squarking. I used to do Buddy Holly Shadows Big O and all the old stuff, where you could tell what was being said with the Guitar

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you want to hear some good Guitar

Click Hear

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Come on woodchip this thread was not about the music we like it is about that girl's talent and you have to admit that she has loads of that. That is not "just screaming and squarking" it is fantastic fingering technique and her interpretation of a piece of music. Could you have played that piece at age 16?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

looking again at the video. I would say she is using none standard Tuning of strings. For easy cord playing

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...