We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's The Best Open Golf Betting Strategy - a tenner outlay.

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Do I put it on a certain young man from Ireland or split it on 10 seasoned 50/1 shots?

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

al's left peg

Perfect, could not agree more. Not a betting guy so will just get glued to the box for four days!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Why not organise a "Sweep" as when the Grand National is running. Get a group of your friends to contribute ten quid each and choose a name, winner takes all or have second, third and fourth places? At least then you would know that one of your friends has the money (your tenner included) and maybe he will buy you a pint out of his winnings.

Or do as you intend, waste it at the bookies.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone my dosh is on. Full Stop. - Robert Rock...say no more.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

My £20 has gone on Luke Donald.

Like this post
Shopgirl

Likes # 0

Hi Aithbee, If I were you I would do the following: 1: Put the £10.00 in your pocket. 2: If you have a girlfriend or wife 3: Buy her some flowers or chocolates. 4: You then watch the golf Better than putting a bet on

Like this post
diy

Likes # 0

Anyone bet on Darren Clarke?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

No, but I wish I had! I believe he was at about 150/1 before the competition.

So much for Luke Donald and my £20!!!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Darren was a great winner. Calmness personified. Lefty Mickelson gave me a run for my money (1 quid at 40/1) early on today. Next year...maybee Tiger...what's his odds?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Just think if you had put your £10 on Tuesdays lottery instead, Someone in Glasgow may have won it and not someone in Largs.

One of the failings in my opinion of Mickelson is short puts for some reason he seems to miss quite a few the rest of his game can be brilliant but no good if you miss easy puts like that.

Nice to see Darren Clark back in business he lost his way a bit in the last 4 years because of his wife's death.

But looks like he is back again.

If I had put any money on Mickelson I would still have been hoping that Clark would have won.

You would probably have woke up with a Hangover this morning if Mickelson had won and not much left of the £41 so all's well that ends well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014