We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's The Best Open Golf Betting Strategy - a tenner outlay.

Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Do I put it on a certain young man from Ireland or split it on 10 seasoned 50/1 shots?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I'm not a betting man, and my knowledge of golf is pretty much zero, but I have a friend who absolutely loves it. He informs me that Rory Mciloroy is the one ( for him anyway) and he is going to Sandwich to watch people hit little White balls at flags and holes!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ian Poulter. 50-1

Phil Mickelson 50-1

Graeme Mcdowell 33-1

Angel Cabrera 50-1

Padraig harrington 40-1

If the weather is good Luke Donald 12-1

Out of those I would go for Graeme Mcdowell or Phil Mickelson.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

buteman

Like I said, I know nothing of golf, but those odds seem very long, Is Mcilroy not playing? This will disappoint my friend.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 1

Take the tenner, fold and put in pocket.- guaranteed to get at least ten pounds in your pocket.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes he is playing but although on a good run still lacks experience 8-1 for him and maybe not worth a £10 bet hence the 5 I picked will have a chance at good prices.

The best out of my selections would be Phil Mickelson and although going through a bad patch at the moment has a good chance of winning it if he plays to his best form.

That is only my selections and I am sure there are lots out there that would disagree.

lets hope it is on Live TV so that we can all watch it.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

My friend spent 2 years, adamant that he would get me to play the game, he took me to driving ranges where I watched him hit the ball straight and true, many a mile.

Every time it was my bucket of balls, 0 zip nada, best effort? Probably about 2 feet. When I "accidentally" did actually hit the thing, it took an amazing almost right angle turn as it left the tee, Rose majestically over the fence, and vanished.

That was the last time I hit a golf ball, and it was many decades ago. I spent the rest of the day hoping I hadn't injured anyone!

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

Although a great player, Lefty or Phil Mickelson by his better known name has a tendency to be erratic off the tee. As Sandwich is a links course, the rough will be waiting for him.

Poulter is known more for his snazzy dress attire than his golfing skills so don't waste your money on him.

Donald is playing really well at the moment, winning last weeks Scottish open and previously at Wentworth in May or June so he is worth a punt. He is not known for entertaining golf, he just gets on with it and is a master playing into the green.

Mcilroy is indeed playing and this is his first tournament since winning the US open earlier this year where he ripped up the course and the competition, I believe he will be favourite for this competition.

A dark horse in my eyes could be a certain Matt Kuchar, an American fellow who has finished in the top ten of the fifteen events he has entered this year. He is worth a punt, good luck.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Buteman's tips - I will go for Mickelson and Cabrera to win. 8 quid left. Al's tip - Kuchar. 7 to go. Crosstrainer2 - McIlroy - a banker. Robert Rock and Richard Green - my fancies. 4 quid left. Going to bookies soon.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Good luck, please don't blame me if Mcilroy doesn't win....I refer the honourable member to my post above! -:))

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

wiz-king you beat me to it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?