We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Euro Millions 166M

Blackhat

Likes # 0

This is as usual causing a massive increase in ticket sale. For example, I was in a business meeting today at 11:30am and all ten present had already got their usual tickets and some extra lucky dips.

There is no more chance of winning whatever the prize fund. What on earth would you want 166M for? That sort of money will invite people into your world that you don’t want. The perfect win for me would be 3-5M, pay out a few gifts to family and friends then retire in comfort.

If you end up having to deal with 166M you need advisors etc and whatever you did with the money would bring something extra into your life to worry about!

Even giving away a large proportion would cause headaches, who, how much, family, charity?

Just let me have 5M and that will do nicely.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Well folks, I won! It's not going to change my life. I will still be the same person I have always been.

LOL £2.90!

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Not a bean, unusual for me as I often get at least a 2-3 number win each week. Cleared out change from all pockets and ended up with 12 tickets.

Always the next to look forward to, some UK ticket got the lot, was it FE?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

No, it was my best friend (hopes) -))

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

One number for me, so it's back to work I'm afraid.

If I won I would invest enough to be able to live of the interest at todays tiny rates, see the rest of the family OK and probably scatter the rest around several charities I thought worthy of it. Oh, and probably give some to the nuisance Big Issue seller just to get them off the street.

Beeeg Eeeshoo . . .

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Best friend just sent text....no, not him either. Oh well, I didn't want that amount of money anyway :))

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 1

I write this whilst still 'asleep' and i congratulate and fervently applaud your investing in my gargantuan success.I wish you all well for the next draw,please do not make a noise as you leave as i do not wish to be woken.!!?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I have a friend who regularly wins small amounts,his biggest win to date was just over £1000.I asked him to pick my numbers once & won nothing,I tried choosing my own and won nothing.Despite being told "You have to be in it to win it" many times,I dont/wont buy another ticket,though I still choose numbers & see if they win.Before you all ask,even this way I cannot get even one number.I am not unlucky though,over the years I have won many things from raffles ranging from a tray of meat to a case of beer(last win)just never the main prize.If I were to buy a ticket and won a huge sum,I would buy a house and car(nothing flash)and a yacht and spend my time learning to sail so I could visit my Mother in Spain.I would decline publicity therefore avoiding the begging letters and continue living my reclusive life content in the knowledge that if I needed money for something,I could buy it.Once I'd lived my life,I would provide for my family & leave the rest to charity.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

The FE is quiet this morning, could he be off to his tropical island retreat? :)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It looks like happiness can be bought then...

Like this post
nangadef

Likes # 0

As Covergirl said, I woiuld want to see the family OK first; but would they have to pay tax on the gift?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED