We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Euro Millions 166M

Blackhat

Likes # 0

This is as usual causing a massive increase in ticket sale. For example, I was in a business meeting today at 11:30am and all ten present had already got their usual tickets and some extra lucky dips.

There is no more chance of winning whatever the prize fund. What on earth would you want 166M for? That sort of money will invite people into your world that you don’t want. The perfect win for me would be 3-5M, pay out a few gifts to family and friends then retire in comfort.

If you end up having to deal with 166M you need advisors etc and whatever you did with the money would bring something extra into your life to worry about!

Even giving away a large proportion would cause headaches, who, how much, family, charity?

Just let me have 5M and that will do nicely.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Blackhat

I shall reflect on your wise words whilst relaxing on the beach of my tropical island retreat, waiting for my personal assistant to come and tell me that my lobster lunch is ready.

I might even consider sending you five million, just for the sound advice you offered me before my windfall.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Thanks FE, that has sorted out where about 150M of my big win will go if I get it. Just invite me now and then for a holiday on your island.

There have been numerous documentaries regarding people with a lot to spend and have bought tropical islands, all have been disaster stories.

It isn’t as easy as you think even with real big money.

Lets just dream for now, I assume you have a ticket for tonight?

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

You could buy News International; what would you spend the other £165 million on though?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I was thinking of buying Tevez off City then making him play for my local Pub team for a few years...

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I won it last Friday.

Not all of it you understand, just £2.80, but it'll pay for my next ticket!

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

morddwyd, I too got a few little wins now that Euro pays out on 2 numbers. Today cashed in £18.90 from the last 2 weeks including Lotto wins to buy todays tickets.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Money can't buy happiness. Having said that, I'd rather be rich and miserable than poor and miserable. But were I to win that kind of money I would do my best to keep it quiet for as long as possible. I certainly wouldnt need any advisors though. Not while this forum is up and running.

WTM

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I think if I won that sort of money then I wouldn't be bothered about how to spend it.

Might have to splash out on a round in the pub, or just buy the pub.

Well who ever wins it good luck to them.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

For reference, Camelot have a team of financial advisers in place for all jackpot winners.

Some seem to take heed of the advice, i'm fairly sure this guy didn't

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249209/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-dole-squandering-millions.html

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

If I won ~ Well I'd have to buy a ticket first ~ but . If I won, I would enjoy thinking out a way, or ways, to embarrass my extremely rich and pompous cousin. That being done, I'd probably give the rest away.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......