We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

kidney

jimv7

Likes # 0

ist time i have been able to access the net since having a cancerous kidney removed last monday. at least they took the right 1 out and not the left 1 that still good.

should be home after this weekend with all the catching up to do.

typing this on a hospital tv/phone/internet thingy, very painful and slow.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Sorry to hear of your problem and I wish you a good and speedy recovery.

Like this post
wellshgit

Likes # 0

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jim

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

jimv7

You can survive on one kidney Ok but bet you will be glad to get home.

There is no place like home even though you are looked after very well in hospital.

My Brother in Law lasted 27 years with no kidneys and was one of the longest lasting patients at the Glasgow hospital that he had to attend.

Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Good wishes from me, and hope you're free of pain and home soon.

(are the nurses nice?...;-)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Best wishes for a speedy convalescence, take it easy and forget bungee jumping for a while ;o}}

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Forget the kidney, minor detail.

The cost of that "hospital tv/phone/internet thingy" is likely to really make you feel ill.

Get well soon!

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Very best wishes from me, too.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Hope you get well soon. Take care.

Like this post
Bald Eagle

Likes # 0

My wife has survived 50 years on one kidney having one removed for nephritis. Also had two babies! However, good luck in the future jimv7.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

jimv7 just wanted to add my best wishes too for a speedy recovery. I had an uncle born with only one kidney, he lived to 85. This is written after the weekend so hope that you are back home and on your own network. Looking forward to your future contributions to this forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...