We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Drinking water

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm aware that it's recommended to drink between 2-3 litres of water per day, or 8 8oz glasses,but is sipping 2 litres through out the day the same.currently between 8am to 8 pm I sip about 2,2 litres,sometimes part of this 2 litres might be week hot chocolate. Your thoughts please, Thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Some say that tea coffee or soft drinks don't count.

I am suppose to drink 2-3 litres of water a day but the Tap water around here leaves a lot to be desired so I suppose I cheat and count my umpteen mugs of coffee as water.

I know that I should stick to water but I have never liked drinking it and the only time I do is if I am in Hospital so that I can get out quicker.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

When your body needs water it will let you know -- you get thirsty.

When you have too much water again you know -- ........ :0)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can drink too little and too much water.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Recent article in the Telegraph said Tea and Coffee DO count. Just as well, as I never drink water!

When I was in places hot, we were told to monitor the colour of the pee - if it changed from pale yellow, probably dehydrated.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I too never drink plain water,always coffee/tea(& probably too many of these)When driving,I never feel thirsty but get headaches unless I have a cup of tea.As stated,colour of pee is another indicator.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Stating that you need to drink 2-3 litres of water a day is humbug, unless you have a true medical problem that requires you drink certain requirements of water or liquids. Seeing people walking around with the apparent compulsory bottle of Avian or whatever, makes me sometimes wonder how some of these people live, and how their lives are ruled. Is marketing really important of a 'must have' society. Bit like the 'must have' 5 a day adverts?.

Your body should or would tell you if it requires something.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

fourm member

Sorry - I don't agree

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/healthyeating/newsid2133000/2133995.stm

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'll try again

news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/healthy_eating/.../2133995.stm

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Nope, can't get the links to work.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Grrrrr! Can't get the links to work again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination