We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Revenge!

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Brumas will like this I think: my new iMac is being delivered next week, and I have sold my main PC, leaving just my laptop running Windows7 64.

The chap I sold the PC to insisted on Win7 64bit, although I explained at length about compatibility issues with some of his older kit.

Ho Hum, I duly installed win7 64.

Chap phones last night, says I was right in the first place and would I kindly revert to 32 bit. " don't suppose it will take long will it?"

Up at 3am as he is collecting it today. Mr Gates parting shot at me I guess!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"would I kindly revert to 32 bit."

No. It's now your computer, as "seen, tried tested and approved", and therefore now your problem too!

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Morddwydd

I couldn't do that, but I'm going to hold on to the installation DVDs he has young children, and I've seen the damage they can do with a Windows DVD !

Okay, it's tedious, but it's the last time (hopes)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Crosstrainer2, Eyelids flicked upwards then shakes head knowingly ;o}}

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Brumas

I'm still at it, roll on next week core i7 8th ram 2gb graphics 27" screen.

Truly a thing of beauty

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Just SP1 to go, then tear it all down (again) box it all up ( again) then feet up for a bit with my iPad I think

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

A good example of why I never sell a PC to someone I know or lives close by – you end up giving 24/7 support and a lifetime warranty.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

See New Post I'm about to create! LOL!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote