We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

catering van help pls?

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

hiya guys, a friend of mine and myself are in the process of looking for a large burger van/fastfood van for pitches and venues, ive looked on ebay and wasnt overly impressed tbh, i want one on Finance and i have a budget of around £15k for the van can anyone help me pls? ive searched online but wasnt impressed with the websites? can anyone suggest any website/company apart from autotrader/ebay? any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Loot?

WTM

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

How much do you know about The Department of Environmental Health?

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

TY WTM!

Wee Eddie my friend who i maybe going into business with is familiar with all the legislations.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have just put ' mobile burger vans for sale' in a Yahoo search, and the results were many websites offering this product.

Perhaps a word of advice. If this is going to be a new venture, then make sure that you do your homework first. Trying to run a burger van business can have many unknown surprises, especially if you have established competitors.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

You will not get a new good one for 15k. I paid that for a long wheel base convoy 10 years ago. Even secondhand I doubt if you will get one less than 10yrs old.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Two more thoughts. First, have a look at auction houses especially for bankrupts stuff, buisnesses ceasing trading etc. Also commercial vehicle auctions. I cant be more specific because I dont know what part of the country you live in, but 15 minutes on google should do the trick.

The second is merely an observation: As a truck driver I avoid anything that looks overly amateurish or in the slightest bit 'slap dash' just on general principle, simply driving straight past them. I may be doing them a disservice, but I think the first (visual) impression really does count a great deal. I'm not offering this as advice, merely the opinion of a disinterested party.

WTM

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

As per WTM's comment on quality, you'll only sell a bad product once, a good one several times over.

The laybys around Oxford used to have a vendor in every layby, there were only two good enough for me to stop at regularly!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

People buy with their eyes.

White Truck Man's advice is good.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Also, keep the serving sill clean from tea and sugar slops at all times, never put food on there to soak up tea slops, don't buy the cheapest ratburgers from the wholesalers, don't buy cheap salty bacon, don't cook bacon or eggs on the same grill as onions have been cooked on, don't assume everyone has tea with 50% milk in it, don't leave chocolate bars in direct sunlight, don't precook food to save time if it loses quality, don't assume that no-one wants fresh salad items in a burgers and sandwiches, don't assume that good enough for you're lowly standard is good enough for me... If it's right, they come back, if it's crap, they won't!

Just a few observations over 20 years of trucking as to which vendors I call at more than once, also applies to race tracks, antique markets, carboots, etc, etc.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Wrong time of year to buy, you should buy in the winter and then you can spend time servicing and getting it ready for the spring.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features