We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Santander to bring India call centres back to UK Yaaay

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Good news all round if you bank with them or for the economy with 500 jobs up for grabs, well done to them, i wish Virgin media would follow suit!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14073889

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I has reason to call the Virgin helpline a short while back, after 10 minutes I gave up and solved the problem myself a couple of days later.

Speaking English as a non-natural language isn't the same as speaking it naturally. I just couldn't communicate effectively to solve the problem over the phone.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...had.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

BT has been doing this rather quietly for the past 18 months. They are shipping several thousand jobs out of India, some are heading for the Phillipines, but many are headed back to the UK.

The 70% savings imagined are proving highly elusive and in reality the cost savings are at best 20% - 30% and this has to be weighed against customer disatisfaction and poorer onsales.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It looks like people power is winning, and some of these commercial companies have possibly do a major rethink in their business methods, and profit margins.

Within a three radius of where I live, there are at least 5/6 call centres, some running a 24/7 work pattern. Looking at shift changes, all the call centres would appear to employ many young people of the Asian or black communities, very few white faces about. But then again, its the same with the local Tesco superstore and Tesco Extra, plus some other local business's using seasonal workers on a large scale.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

if only more compaines would do so especially talktalk their indian call centre is dreadful.

belkin have an asian call centre and its first class i do not think its india though.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

TalkTalk also use a rather dreadful South African call centre

Like this post
badhair1963

Likes # 0

I just wish they'd let me use their website. Being one of the three people in the country who doesn't have a mobile phone, I'm locked out of it. Now I have to trudge half a mile down the street just to check my balance.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks