We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

News Of The World To Fold

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

This Sundays News of the World will be it's last (radio 5 1 minute ago)

Rest in dishonourable pieces

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

I sincerely hope that the NOTW staff affected by this tell the old bill EVERYTHING they know and drop Brooks and the Murder-in-the-Dock clan in the poo up to their top lips

The thought of newspapers supporting hacking is one thing, we should also be asking the question, why is it so easy to hack into our messages anyway? Strange we haven't heard much from the mobile phone companies and these breaches in their security. Its a deep smelly hole we are looking into....

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Today's timeline

9:58am - David Cameron says Coulson deserved "a second chance".

10:12am - David Cameron refuses to apologise for hiring Coulson despite being warned he had broken the law by two separate journalists.

11:12am - Coulson arrested by the Met.

:-)

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

So what is it really about, we all know that telephone tapping has been going on on for as long as anyone can remember, never mind the Computer hacking and other means of illegal survailence.

This is just an excuse to cut losses, as the majority of Newspapers (I use that term loosely) have been losing money for years, and a good way to try and get out of it's liabilities.

The people I feel sorry for are the majority who have worked on the 'Daily Grind' doing all the background jobs that are needed to print and distribute a paper.

Terry

Like this post
BSOD

Likes # 0

Is that the new conservative manifesto?

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

Fourm member

Ah, hindsight. Such a wonderful view I always find.

Myself and spider9 have stated long before he resigned from David Cameron's team that it has been a grave misjudgement by David Cameron .

There are only two reasons why David Cameron decided to ignore advice allegedly given to him by newspaper insiders.

1 He has been very arrogant and thought he could smooth over things so could ignore the problem

2 As I have suggested it was an error of judgement which is very surprising for a prime minister to make such a mistake perhaps the lack of experience contributed to his mistake .

I have banged on for a long time about how close political parties (Labour and Tories)are to media bosses unfortunately it is a necessary evil but the working relationship was to cosy and I hope this will herald a new dawn but I do not hold my breath

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

It's hardly 'hindsight' when he had 'history' before the PM took him in?Even the PM seems to be accepting he made a bad call. Surely you accept that?

Like this post
ronalddonald

Likes # 0

Corrupt Police officers on the take now their world has fallen and revealed to many, what the real complexity of phone hacking.

Many queries yet the police didn't want to do a proper investigation because they were trying to cover up their actions and links with NOW.

Now they have been found out.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

This is the bit that gets me Coulson and everyone in the Uk were aware that he was going to be arrested the next day and low and behold the Police turn up at the specific time and are seen removing evidence from his house including a computer.

Now this is what gets me is if he had any evidence that would have looked bad against him he had nearly 24 hours to remove it.

Surely this must have been the worst kept secret in the UK.

Now if it had been me or you or any member of the public the police would have entered our houses at any time of the day or night and without warning.

But maybe when you have friends in high places the rules get bent a bit.

It makes you wonder if the Police were actually hoping that they would find nothing as there investigating into the phone tapping got off to a very slow start and must shoulder some of the blame for it to have continued for so long.

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

Fourm Member

I think it is very small-minded to see this as just an opportunity to for another tedious attack on the PM.

It is not as you put it the opportunity to for another tedious attack on the PM I am just surprised that even yourself cannot see the complete lack of judgement by the prime minister and more worrying is the fact major decisions about the country are being made by this prime minister . I hope he has learned something from the catalogue of events that has unfolded because he must have had enough advisor's around him to warn him but maybe decided not to take the advice.

You cannot have politicians control newspapers or newspapers control politicians and that was always the danger so hopefully things will improve for the better but I have seen enough of politics over my life to hope this will not be another whitewash to protect certain people .

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Whilst I hate to spoil your pontifications about ".. another tedious attack on the PM..", I would remind you that my first pronouncement was to say " I feel some sympathy for the PM over this,.." - or is that your idea of an attack?

Are we not even allowed to say that Mr Cameron has made errors of judgement lately without it being classed as 'a tedious attack'?

I suggest to you that your incessant Central Office defence of anything the Tories do is far more tedious, (and erroneous?).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks