We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

News Of The World To Fold

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

This Sundays News of the World will be it's last (radio 5 1 minute ago)

Rest in dishonourable pieces

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

Fourm member

A huge embarrassment for Cameron but I don't see that it shows a lack of judgement

Maybe you are also showing the same lack of judgement as David Cameron there was no need to appoint Andy Coulson to his team and create the controversy that followed !I am a more suitable appointment could have been made with less baggage unless he and the Conservative Party had political reasons to make sure he was on board

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

What a piece of nonsense.

To compare this storm in a teacup with the Iraq War or Black Wednesday is patently ridiculous.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Such is the mighty power wielded by the advertisers.

Like this post
JanetO

Likes # 0

What is going to happen to the dirty old vicar who featured for years, now then?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/257453/News-Of-The-World-Shut-In-Shame It's nice to see that The Daily Express is such a good example of piety.

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

Fourm member

You obviously don't believe that someone who has made a mistake in the past may be much more diligent about doing things right in the future.

Your words were taken directly from David Cameron's response to the several requests to the question on the BBC news (do you think you showed a lack of judgement in appointing Andy Coulson ) so can we assume this is the official Tory position on the appointment.

I must say I was impressed by the compassion showed by Mr Cameron explaining he gave Mr Coulson a chance after he resigned at the NOW under a shadow and he gave him another chance .

A very lucky man indeed :-} I wonder if other employees would get that benefit especially from the prime minister who you would think that anything that could be controversial would be avoided

One last point which I had little chuckle at while watching when the Phrase

We are all in this together was rolled out in relation to the press ,political independence and the press complaints procedure now I have heard that before somewhere

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

john 52

Over a lengthy period I have expressed the opinion, in a variety of threads, that fourm member was Conservative Central Office's spokesperson on this forum - now I think you have provided absolute proof!!

I feel some sympathy for the PM over this, but it did take some 'dithering' and turning before he's tried to right matters with regard to the inquiry.

Obviously Coulson was always a mistake and, by taking him on, has forever associated himself with this problem - and given his opponents so much future ammunition about probity. It will take a long time to get over it (if in fact he ever does). Interesting times ahead.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just wondering if the Sun newspaper will follow the news of the world and close down as well.

The big advertisers may also jump ship and use other newspapers in protest of the News of the World scandal.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

buteman

I seriously doubt it, especially as the domain www SunOnSunday co uk was registered by a company called Mediaspring on Tuesday

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad