We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

News Of The World To Fold

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

This Sundays News of the World will be it's last (radio 5 1 minute ago)

Rest in dishonourable pieces

Like this post
n47.

Likes # 0

fourm member is correct. The sun will run for 7 days.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The sun will run for 7 days.

Everybody is saying that, and it does appear to be an obvious move. No doubt there will be an announcement in the last edition of the News Of the World.

I know one of the directors of News International, and I'll see him tomorrow. I'm going to ask him, but I don't expect to get an answer.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I think The Sunday Gutter would be appropriate for a rebranding.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

This is a classic example of what happens when an organisation becomes so large that it regards itself as above the law.

Of course The Sun will become a seven day paper, and the b sky b deal will go through. Police investigation will grind along, and the public will forget. It's the nature of the world in which we now live.

One reason I do not buy printed media, or read it online is that the word NEWS in Newspaper vanished years ago. The edict changed from" all the news that's fit to print" to " all the news that fits we print"

My sympathy goes out to those who are innocent, hardworking and now. Unemployed.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I was at work when I heard on the radio that NotW was departing,& said to my partner that it will be back with another name once all the inquiries/fuss is done and forgotten.I have never bought a sunday paper in my life,and seem to recall buying a daily perhaps a dozen times ever(I needed something to read in the loo whilst having a skive years ago)

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

We will see the window dressing of the NOW being closed and a relaunch under a new name with promises of a new regime but the most worrying aspect of this is the part the Met played in this with allegedly payments being made to some officers and the lack of any deep investigation into the evidence . I would sooner a full judge led investigation into the whole affair .

Despite fourm members protests it does show incredible bad judgement by David Cameron and the Conservative party to have taken Andy Coulson into the heart of his government knowing that allegations were hanging over his head .

I just hope we do not get the investigation swept under the carpet for a later day as this was what the message that was coming out from question time Conservative MP Chris Grayling

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

WWW.SUNDAYSUN registered two days ago

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"The sun will run for 7 days."

Like this story!

(OK, obviously much longer than that, but like the expenses scandal, in a year or two it will be forgotten)

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Rick'scafe, Yes, I'm sure they were planning to axe NOW anyway, digital media will make printed newspapers redundant within a decade I think.

They will allow a "Cooling Off" period, and then Hey Presto!!! a brand new same old same old under a different banner.

Trouble is the public are so gullible they will buy it. The BSB deal is worth far far more to the company than NOW ever would be anyway.

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more