We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

News Of The World To Fold

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

This Sundays News of the World will be it's last (radio 5 1 minute ago)

Rest in dishonourable pieces

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

They didn't even tell the staff, many of whom are probably decent, hardworking people.

The mind boggles!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Good news, lost all credibility and hopefully a lesson to the industry.

Like this post  
eikonuj

Likes # 0

Never bought it, never read it, never mind.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Have not bought a paper in years. And I'm probably better informed for it!

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Laughable.

A chronic piece of stage management on a rapidly sinking ship. I agree with fourm member that this window dressing (my words not fm) will have little relevance to the real world as the publics' taste for distaste is replaced by a NI paper.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

20+ Years ago I was a friend of a reporter from said rag and he always told me that he did his most creative writing on a Sunday morning when filling out his expenses for the week.

He would collect others receipts from bars and restaurants all week and if looked into it would have sometimes shown him eating up to 4 evening meals the same night and drinking enough to kill a man most days of the week.

He did eventually pass away due to liver disease but I bet the MP’s expenses scandal would be nothing compared to newspaper reporters. Good job they are privately owned and it is only their cost.

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

A cynic might feel that News International are pre-empting the inevitable in order to be judged 'fit and proper' in respect of the BSkyB deal.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Could it be a legal get out - you cant sue us - we don't exist? Ergo - we have no money.

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

beynac

A cynic might feel that News International are pre-empting the inevitable in order to be judged 'fit and proper' in respect of the BSkyB deal.

You may be right! That prize is not won yet.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Ken Clarke has it right

This is simply a re-branding exercise.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...