We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A plea from me.

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

If you are going to send me notifications about spam postings - and thank you to those of you who do - could you make sure to include a link to the thread in question?

I'm receiving lots of emails along the lines of 'there's a spam post in the Helproom thread about a broken computer'

Unfortunately that's no good - I simply don't have the time to trawl through dozens of threads trying to find the offending post.

Just select and copy the page address from your browser's address bar when you're in the offending thread, and paste it into your email. All the better if you send in html format, so the address forms a hyperlink, but that's not essential - just me wanting a perfect world.

That's it - over and out.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

nps FE il know in future! gn..

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I respect your pleading entry.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Hi FE

For threads like this i.e. notices or requests, why don't you use the functionality of the "sticky"?

At the bottom of each forums index page, there's a key to the type of posts and one of them is a pushpin denoting a sticky.

I guess you're not a fan of stickies - however, it might be useful to have just one at a time, leave it there for a couple of weeks or so then delete it at your convenience.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I think you also need a way of deleting 'sort of spam' post like this one of three from the help room this morning and putting the post back in the archives where it belongs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'