We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Please Wait Workaround

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have found a way around this, don't know why it works but it does. After typing your post and hitting "post" if you see the dreaded "Pleas Wait" message, proceed as follows:

Select and copy the entire text of your post

Return to the root of the forum you were in.

Open the thread you tried to post to previously

Paste your reply back into the box and hit post, it's worked every time for me so far!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic

"Sorry FE/PCA this is NOT a dig"

Yes it is, but we can take it. We've been working on the 'please wait'issue, but it's trickier than some other things, and we have a pretty challenging list.

I've actually had no 'please wait' messages for a couple of days, so maybe a squirt of WD40 into the server's hard drives (please don't try this at home) was a good idea after all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)