We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Please Wait Workaround

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have found a way around this, don't know why it works but it does. After typing your post and hitting "post" if you see the dreaded "Pleas Wait" message, proceed as follows:

Select and copy the entire text of your post

Return to the root of the forum you were in.

Open the thread you tried to post to previously

Paste your reply back into the box and hit post, it's worked every time for me so far!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

When I get the Please Wait I find that just 'Refreshing the page' then click on Post does it for me

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

But I'm impatient, and this is quicker :))

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I too simply hit refresh page

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Trouble is, when I do that I often get "Please Wait" again. For some reason the copy and paste method goes straight through!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I use to find previously the refresh might have given a double or more entries on the page or alternatively the post went into cyber-space. Haven't had to use this method recently, so perhaps a fix as been completed?.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

What I find in Safari on Mac or iPad that both suggested methods sometimes work and sometimes don't.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We are working on the 'Please wait'issue. It's a tricky one, but we'll get there.

Meanwhile, our apologies (again) for the irritation.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

FE: I like finding workarounds! :))

Like this post  
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

"Covergirl" started the main thread about this OVER a month ago? im surprised nothing has been done already? Sorry FE/PCA this is NOT a dig cause i know u guys have been busy with the new servers its just that normally you have an issue fixed within hours or days?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic the 'Please Wait' issue was just one of the items on the very long list that they've had to work through to fix and tweak.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks