We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

car and bugs

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had their car valeted with the "fog" which is supposed to kill all bugs etc etc

Thanks

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm obviously not the only one that's never heard of bug fog, will it also work on bed bugs?

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Tend to find the windscreen does a pretty efficient job of that ;)

If it's bugs on the interior upholstery you're asking about, then valeting your car with regular carpet cleaner (the stuff meant for houses with cats / dogs) does a good job.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

the fog you mention normally used to remove odours etc not sure about bug killing

Like this post
Colonel Graham

Likes # 0

No need to valet, get some of this

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Someone once valeted my car and used an air conditioning cleaner. It involved placing a canister on the floor of the car, setting the aircon running at full tilt, pressing a button on the canister, and closing the door.

He waited for around ten minutes or so, and opened the car. He told me that the stuff in the canister cleaned the air-conditioning system of bacteria that can produce unpleasant smells. I hadn't noticed any smell before, and there wasn't any afterwards, so I have no idea if the stuff works or not.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I use a sulphur candle in the greenhouse!

Not sure it would be good in a car though, there would probably be lingering fumes in the upholstery.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Kill all the bugs - no way - my spiders would starve!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nothing worse when you are driving than when a spider decides it wants to swing about on your glasses.

Or swing down from the skip of your hat.

I have a little shadow on my eye which looks like a small fly to me and I am sure those pesky little spiders are after it.

If they were a bit bigger I would send them to their happy hunting ground but as they are usually small out the window they go if I am not driving at the time.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

My spiders live outside behind the door mirrors.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I too find most of my spiders take up residence behind the door mirrors.I've tried many times to get them to find somewhere else to live by hosing the mirrors out but within days there's another web built from the door mirror to the window frames.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......