We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Toolbar Black At Night

Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

The sharp eyed amongst us may have noticed that the Google toolbar at the top of the screen now turns black after midnight and returns to normal in the morning.

First noticed this yesterday and thought my home page had been hijacked!

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 1

Whole Classic page is screwed up, progress bar was green,now blue and the google search and feeling lucky boxes are naff.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Google are beginning to annoy me as everytime I now switch IE9 on I am getting pestered by a bar which wants me to make Google my home page (Which it already is) and also a large advert wanting me to use Chrome. The way things are going I soon might not have much usable space on IE because of too many Google adverts. Come back Blackberry - all is forgiven :-))

Like this post
badhair1963

Likes # 0

Mine seems to be permanently black, regardless of the time of day.

Like this post
richardsole

Likes # 0

Ditto to badhair1963

It's black.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I think it's Google tinkering again (or buggering about, depending on how annoyed you feel).

Mine went black at some point on Monday.

I use the Google seasons theme on my homepage, so that does change depending on the time of day and year, it's light & sunny at the moment, but if I change the time on the clock it will go dark...

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

You are right, it's still black, isn't life confusing enough without Google mucking about? :))

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't have a Google toolbar. Such a carefree life that I lead...

Like this post
richardsole

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

there will always be the haves and have nots of this world ;-)

As an aside I have just found out of you click on the last response time it takes you to the last page of the thread.

there will always be the slow and the slowest. I must be in the latter category. ;-(

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Yes, I too have a black band at the top of the Google web page. It appeared only this morning. It wasn't there last night. Can't say I like it.

Hope they change it back to something more 'neutral' very soon.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"As an aside I have just found out of you click on the last response time it takes you to the last page of the thread."

Hurrah! That really does make the site sweeter to use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......