We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Last Blue Peter tonight

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Although I imagine it will probablysuffer a series of revivals due to public demand.

Did you grow up with Blue Peter and who were "your" presenters?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The episode with the baby elephant

Has to be one of the all-time great live television moments.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I too started with Black & White Blue Peter,with the same presenters as Legolas.

Although everyone remembers the SBP/WU bottles,nobody's mentioned the coat-hangers for easter/xmas decorations.I got my bottom smacked for destroying 2 wire coat-hangers to make one(though think it was more likely for dropping the clothes that were hung on them,onto the wardrobe floor)

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

That baby elephant was so funny. Watching the presenters trying to keep straight faces as the animal dragged it's keeper from one end of the studio to the other! As he bravely held on, skidding across the floor, he explained that the baby was "Being playful"

It then of course proceeded to deposit a gallon or two on the floor! Happy memories indeed :))

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

As said above the baby elephant episode is without doubt one of televisions iconic moments and one of the most unintentionally funniest moments on TV. Another moment I remember was when John Noakes (in my opinion the best Blue Peter presenter)visits a tribe in the African bush and as a 'coming of age ritual' the young men of the village would jump of a platform built in a tree with a vine ties round their legs, the vine was measured so that it would break their fall a few feet from the ground. It looked terrifying but true to John Noakes fearless approach to things he did it. I remember being very impressed and it set John Noakes apart for me. Does anyone else remember this or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Quiz time

Anyone know which former footballer was part of the gang who destroyed the Blue Peter garden in 1983?

And if FE is a little worried about this - he admitted it on TV...

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Noakesy did loads of dangerous things; I wonder how many would be allowed under the current H&S regime. I don't actually remember the African programme but something rings a distant bell.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

I also remember him climbing Nelsons Column to clean it on a ladder that leaned out the way when you got the the top, it looked very unsafe. Under the present H&E regime I doubt he would have been allowed to do very much. As a child I always remember him as a cheery, have a go type of guy, he felt more like a friend than a TV presenter. Oh no here comes that nostalgia again.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Some interesting stuff about John Noakes here nothing is ever as it appears seemingly, especially on telly

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Les Ferdinand

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr

Full marks.

Now who did he suggest was also there, but couldn't confirm 100%

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today