We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Login Issues on PC

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is anyone having trouble logging in? I can using my iPad, but my PC just sits at the " Please wait" screen

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No its fine here.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No getting the please wait sign when trying to post but it usually does after a few seconds or so.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm not near a PC at the moment, but there are no problems logging in or posting from my iPad.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like you were not the only one.link text

The site was a bit slow this morning at times but is Ok now.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops spoke to soon.Please wait was back again.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Hmm, fine on iPad no go on PC am running full malware scan which I will follow by full av scan. Strange though, I have not changed any firewall or router settings.

Will try again when scans complete. Might be poetic justice as I am not allowed to sit at the computer anyway :))

Like this post  
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Complete av and anti- malware scans report clean. Still no joy, PC sits at the login screen with " please wait" I waited, and waited and for good measure I waited some more. No go.

My iPad works fine. I have a theory: the iPad remembers me so I do not have to login every time I want to visit the site.

I have tried logging out from my iPad, still no joy. Going back to my iPad reveals that I'm still logged in despite logging out previously. Could this be a clue?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Have now managed to log in! but i've forgotten what I was going to post :)) will tick resolved!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today