We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Posts quick survey

simonjary
Resolved

Likes # 0

In the new-look MY POSTS would forum users prefer to have "Discussions you have started" or "Discussions you have contributed to" at the top?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Don't I just know that PCA will cite cost and kill that one off...

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 1

im "On the fence" either way i just love this forum!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

do not mind

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Ok, that's done now - lists swapped around.

Next we'll be looking at some of the forum icons to make things a bit more obvious.

We'll look at stat sizes another time. I don't think this is as important as some other parts that need enhancing.

Keep letting us know what else you consider important for us to amend/fix/etc.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think I preferred it the other way around now you've changed it...

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 1

Discussions you have contributed to at the top for me as well.

Funny - there seems to be an echo in here!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Well you can sort this thread by votes or date depending on your preference, so sorting ypour preferences by a similar method should really be a no-brainer.

But while we are asked, I think in a forum posts listing we need the date and time of the last response, not just how long ago because when you hit refresh its really not that easy to tell what if any are the new posts. If you had the time of the newest post to the thread at the top of the list you can say 'right, everything after X o'clock is a new post that I havent seen before.'

WTM

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 1

So we got what we wanted

Thanks to the team for listening to us

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Quote : Keep letting us know what else you consider important for us to amend/fix/etc.

I'd like to report "Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies. . . " may be working in reverse - I definitely did not click it in my most recently started thread but. I'm getting emails

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

richardsole pointed out on the fascinating Google toolbar thread that the last post XXX minutes ago now goes straight to the last post page.

This is the best tweak so far, on long threads, you could lose interest due to having to keep navigating through several stages to reach the last post. Who cares about the order of past business!

ps. It's nice to know that your listening at PCA towers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback