We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burglar stabbed to death!

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Having been a victim of a terrible burglary some years ago my grandma had just died and we was storing all her pre WW2 and family photos/clothes and personal things, the photos was thrown out on the garden where it rained all night and they was unrecoverable! that hurt more than the things they took, I lost absolutely everything they even took my socks? and my suits?

i had been staying away for the night and my mother (I was living with her for a month) had stayed out for the night so no one was at home, we left the tv on curtains closed and lights on basically what a lot of people do and they ripped the kitchen window off its frame costing us quite a bit, i had also just lost my job and we couldnt afford the insurance for the house so really the burglar couldnt of picked a worse time to hit us!

After having a solid tipoff i took his binbags from his wheelie bin and found some of my things like my ID so i called the police and they said they knew of the guy he was known for aggravated burglaries and had just got out of prison for beating up a 85 year old man up he was trying to his house, the police stated they would send someone in the next hour to search his house....10 years later i am STILL waiting?? no call back from the police no knock on the door...

I hope the person who was in this house who was living here doesnt get a custodial sentence! IMHO if someone is about to rob another person or burgle a house they simply deserve ALL they get! whilst they may use the "I need the money for drugs" gaffe well there is plenty of people that need money but dont turn to crime...!

READ HERE

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Well, we simply do not know do we? The circumstances of the case are unclear and the owners may have exercised reasonable force to protect themselves or their property.

On the other hand if intruders were not armed then a stabbing would not be regarded as reasonable force and the owner will have committed an offence, perhaps murder or manslaughter.

There could never be a case for deserving all they get as you put it. Action must be proportionate.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

"Four masked men"

I doubt they would of left the house quietly if they where caught! The problem is these kinda burglaries are becoming VERY frequent and i feel very sorry for old people or people that cannot fend for themselves! i think the government needs to class a burglary as a much more serious offense.

And UNLESS you have been a victim of one you simply cannot think or feel how it is to have someone steal so much of your life from you & then have a challenge and a half with the insurance companies...when the police have gone and the insurance has been paid it doesnt end there..

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Typical conversation in the office today "I'd of stabbed all of 'em"

Yeah right, very brave when you're looking at your computer screen reading a story from the Sun.

Anyway, it seems the "burglar" may not have been in the house when he was stabbed, only rumours, so you can't really make a decision from them, but it's easy for the police to tell, which is why they've got a big tent covering the garden. If he was outside the house, then the stabbing was definitely NOT justified. Likewise if the alleged burglars were unarmed.

I find it interesting that the police have arrested the whole household, clearly the story is not as cut and dried as many people think.

What needs to be made clear is that yes, we should be able to protect our own property, but that does not mean bringing death & destruction upon anyone who crosses your doorway...

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I notice that the Householder and his Family have been Arrested but not the Burglars!

The local Police should hang their heads in shame.

And that recommendation, to ring the Emergency Services and wait. Are they being serious, you'll be lucky to see anyone within 24 hours, assuming the the Masked Men have not already ripped the Phone from your hands anyway.

And what's this about presumed Innocence. It's an easy Arrest that they're going for.

Rant over. Many years ago I was burgled and they trashed the house, destroying things that were irreplaceable. Including a Rolling Stones Program signed by them, Little Richard and Bo Diddley. Tears were shed, and all they took was some booze.

I'd have shot them, given the chance.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

"The three people with the stabbed man at the time of the incident have yet to be traced", is the reason the intruders have not been arresred.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I think the government needs to class a burglary as a much more serious offense.

Burglary carries a maximum 14 year sentence. Aggravated burglary carries a maximum life sentence.

How much more serious can it be?

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

anskyber

I don't care whether the thugs/burglars were in the house or not, the fact is they were on the bloke's property, end of story. As far as I am concerned these thugs should have their 'human rights' transferred to the householder, and if he so chooses to commit suicide then that is OK by me!! These scum do not care what damage - physical or otherwise - they cause so why should we worry about any and all damage caused to them? I know many people will say we should treat these people with care as they sometimes come from broken homes. WHY?? This is a gross insult to a lot of people who have come from broken homes but have strived and saved for many years to better themselves and a lot of people who have just worked hard and saved what they could.

alan14 says that "What needs to be made clear is that yes, we should be able to protect our own property, but that does not mean bringing death & destruction upon anyone who crosses your doorway...". OK some will say my rant above is wrong but I say that until we can sleep safe in our beds - and yes I do include the police within this - then I have no qualms about doing anything to anyone who tries to any damage to my wife, our house or myself. If it results in the person(s) concerned getting damaged then so what? The police are only interested in easy arrests which is why the houehold was arrested, when they are found not guilty what will the police say? It's too late to go after the thugs, we're sorry for not going after them earlier but we had arrested these people and, as far as we were concerned, the case was closed. One day - unfortunately, maybe never, we will get a police force back though I don't think it will be for many, many years.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

bremner

"Burglary carries a maximum 14 year sentence. Aggravated burglary carries a maximum life sentence, How much more serious can it be?"

And how many of these scum do we see been dished out the maximum sentences? i bet i could write the number on a 1st class stamp..

Like this post
wids001

Likes # 0

Latest Breaking news from the BBC on this. The three preople arrested have been released without charge and apparently the burglar was on police bail accused of .... burglary!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13900285

Like this post
wids001

Likes # 0

It appears now that only 2 of the three arrested have been released without charge,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features