We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burglar stabbed to death!

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Having been a victim of a terrible burglary some years ago my grandma had just died and we was storing all her pre WW2 and family photos/clothes and personal things, the photos was thrown out on the garden where it rained all night and they was unrecoverable! that hurt more than the things they took, I lost absolutely everything they even took my socks? and my suits?

i had been staying away for the night and my mother (I was living with her for a month) had stayed out for the night so no one was at home, we left the tv on curtains closed and lights on basically what a lot of people do and they ripped the kitchen window off its frame costing us quite a bit, i had also just lost my job and we couldnt afford the insurance for the house so really the burglar couldnt of picked a worse time to hit us!

After having a solid tipoff i took his binbags from his wheelie bin and found some of my things like my ID so i called the police and they said they knew of the guy he was known for aggravated burglaries and had just got out of prison for beating up a 85 year old man up he was trying to his house, the police stated they would send someone in the next hour to search his house....10 years later i am STILL waiting?? no call back from the police no knock on the door...

I hope the person who was in this house who was living here doesnt get a custodial sentence! IMHO if someone is about to rob another person or burgle a house they simply deserve ALL they get! whilst they may use the "I need the money for drugs" gaffe well there is plenty of people that need money but dont turn to crime...!

READ HERE

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

so next time some teenager is rooting round in your garden for their cricket ball, tough, you felt threatened and justifiably blew them away.

Like this post
acfc

Likes # 0

The majority of decent law abiding people I speak with are of the opinion the small number of offenders (often repeat offenders), who make like miserable for others and cost the country a fortune, have little to fear from the law in the UK.

This case as reported does sound a bit strange and no doubt there is more information to come, however if 4 people with balaclavas attack a home and one gets killed then my only concern is 3 didn't

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

I wonder if the UK goverment changed the law and stated that "IF any body was about to burgle a house they need to be aware the occupants may use ANY means necessary to fend off the robbers i am sure this would make burglars think again..

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

*was about to burgle...may use ANY means.. *

So, I see a man walking up my drive and I shoot him. "But, constable, I assumed he was about to rob me", would be your defence?

How ridiculous.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

"Spider9"But, constable, I assumed

You mean like the Brazilian man and the chair leg guy!!

I think the other poster means you have to be sure - did you see the Clint Eastwood film where he is asked - "How do you know he was going to rape her? NUF SED.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

spider9 Woody was correct when i stated ABOUT i meant as in they was in your home! i too would agree with u if they wasnt in ur home! However if you saw someone on ur drive/garden you would also have to asume malice was been done but you would have to ask them first what they was doing cause they could be there just to get a ball they kicked in your garden.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

I don't think this has anything to do with a burglary. Come on how much pickings would a burglar get from a normal house, not enough each to make it worthwhile for 4 of them. Some big posh 1/2 mill pad maybe, not some middle terrace place in Salford. Also you would check to see if the house was empty or how many occupants. 4 0n 3 would not be good odds for burglars. This is more likely to be something to do with drugs.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

Kevscar and Fourm Member raise some interesting points about this particular “burglary”. It will be interesting to see how it goes once the court case starts.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Woody

Totally different scenarios, and the shootings you mention were nothing to do with burglary - or with ordinary members of the public being allowed to kill someone, for that matter.

If you also wish to have justice in our country based on Clint Eastwood film characters, then that's your choice! In my opinion, however, it would be the first step towards lunacy.

Autoshediastic

"..but you would have to ask them first what they was doing"

Sorry, but this is becoming surreal.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Can you shoot would be burglars if they fib about what they are doing on your driveway?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days