We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burglar stabbed to death!

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Having been a victim of a terrible burglary some years ago my grandma had just died and we was storing all her pre WW2 and family photos/clothes and personal things, the photos was thrown out on the garden where it rained all night and they was unrecoverable! that hurt more than the things they took, I lost absolutely everything they even took my socks? and my suits?

i had been staying away for the night and my mother (I was living with her for a month) had stayed out for the night so no one was at home, we left the tv on curtains closed and lights on basically what a lot of people do and they ripped the kitchen window off its frame costing us quite a bit, i had also just lost my job and we couldnt afford the insurance for the house so really the burglar couldnt of picked a worse time to hit us!

After having a solid tipoff i took his binbags from his wheelie bin and found some of my things like my ID so i called the police and they said they knew of the guy he was known for aggravated burglaries and had just got out of prison for beating up a 85 year old man up he was trying to his house, the police stated they would send someone in the next hour to search his house....10 years later i am STILL waiting?? no call back from the police no knock on the door...

I hope the person who was in this house who was living here doesnt get a custodial sentence! IMHO if someone is about to rob another person or burgle a house they simply deserve ALL they get! whilst they may use the "I need the money for drugs" gaffe well there is plenty of people that need money but dont turn to crime...!

READ HERE

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

wids001

Try reading the whole story.

Two of the three people in the house have been released without charge. The third is still in custody

BBC Link

Like this post
wids001

Likes # 0

Alan14

I did - The breaking news flash stated all had been released. Then after reading that the burglar was on police bail the story continued that only 2 had been released, as my follow-up posting clearly stated!

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

It would be interesting to know how many of those that appear to have some sympathy for the alleged burglar have had their home burgled.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

It's not a case of sympathy for anyone. The Law allows the use of reasonable force. If any of the burglars was carrying and produced a weapon then reasonable force was used. If they were all unarmed and the householder had been on his own then possibly reasonable force was used. If they were unarmed and as we know 3 people were in the house then the use of a knife goes well beyond reasonable force.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

On the other hand, is not the wearing of some form of Mask, a threat in itself.

Would not anyone be reasonable in thinking that the invasion of their Home by a number of masked men, in some way threatening.

I would find it very frightening as one would have no idea of their intention, burglary, rape or murder, until after they had departed. And don't forget; it is not only females that can be raped.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

"Wee Eddie" i'm wiht you on this one!

use of reasonable force? what is that EXACTLY? i mean if i was getting burgled and i went d/stairs and saw four masked men robbing me i wouldnt stand a chance against all them and i am a big guy! (20 Stone) so the thought of using a weapon would come into my mind! IF they fled i would still try to get one of them for the police, One of my best friends is american and i sent him this story yesterday his reply was simple "If i saw i was been robbed they know what dangers they are in by burgling someone he said he would simply shoot them dead! then they are no longer a threat to anyone else! and not costing the tax payer thousands..

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

and I wonder how many of you who are saying that the burglars got what they deserved would be screaming for the householders blood if he happened to be a police officer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Are we supposed to interview prospective burglars to assess the threat before any defensive action can be taken?

I believe that if you are in fear for your life or injury then any action on your part is justified - inside or outside premises.

As for weapons, hands and feet and head butting can be classed as weapons in my opinion.

Like this post
userious?

Likes # 0

Well at least he wont be breaking into any more houses, give the householder a medal for bravery and a financal reward for saving the country thousands.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I think they have it about right in Texas: use of deadly force

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...