We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burglar stabbed to death!

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Having been a victim of a terrible burglary some years ago my grandma had just died and we was storing all her pre WW2 and family photos/clothes and personal things, the photos was thrown out on the garden where it rained all night and they was unrecoverable! that hurt more than the things they took, I lost absolutely everything they even took my socks? and my suits?

i had been staying away for the night and my mother (I was living with her for a month) had stayed out for the night so no one was at home, we left the tv on curtains closed and lights on basically what a lot of people do and they ripped the kitchen window off its frame costing us quite a bit, i had also just lost my job and we couldnt afford the insurance for the house so really the burglar couldnt of picked a worse time to hit us!

After having a solid tipoff i took his binbags from his wheelie bin and found some of my things like my ID so i called the police and they said they knew of the guy he was known for aggravated burglaries and had just got out of prison for beating up a 85 year old man up he was trying to his house, the police stated they would send someone in the next hour to search his house....10 years later i am STILL waiting?? no call back from the police no knock on the door...

I hope the person who was in this house who was living here doesnt get a custodial sentence! IMHO if someone is about to rob another person or burgle a house they simply deserve ALL they get! whilst they may use the "I need the money for drugs" gaffe well there is plenty of people that need money but dont turn to crime...!

READ HERE

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

"And whats all this nonsense about 'profiteering from crime'. Have you checked your facts?."

I'm beginning to wonder if you've checked yours.

Martin was paid £125,000 by the Daily Mirror in 2003, for an exclusive interview on his release from prison. If that wasn't a clear case of a man profiting because of a criminal act I don't know what is. The press complaints commission, in a cowardly attempt to pander to the Mirror's readership, later justified the payment by saying that Martin "had a unique insight into an issue of great public concern".

I imagine that rape is an issue of great public concern, but I don't see any interviews with released rapists being published in the Mirror, or interviews with convicted child killers, or paedophiles.

Tony Martin shot two men from behind as they attempted to flee from him. A jury convicted him of murder. His conviction was later downgraded to manslaughter on the grounds of his diminished responsibility, and his parole application was refused. He has been described as a dangerous man because he obviously still believes that what he did was right. He's incapable of understanding that gratuitously shooting people in the back is a serious crime.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

A perfect example of why the PCC reform (now hopefully happening, post Murdoch)has been long overdue.

spuds

Surely it's time for you to accept the explanations you are being given.......?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...