We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Radio 2 Listening Figures

LimestoneRock

Likes # 0

I have just heard on the One Show from Zoe Ball that Radio 2 has 40 million listeners. Does anyone know how this is calculated. Is she saying that two thirds of our population listen to Radio 2 - and how often? I've often heard that Wogan or some other programme host has two million listeners but is this per show, per hour or per week etc? The country's most favourite comedy TV show attracted an audience in the region of 24/29 million (I cannot remember the figure and I haven't looked it up as I cannot be bothered to check) but is Radio 2 consistently beating this figure by its boast of 40 million listeners? Is anyone able to explain how these figures are calculated or, dare I say, doctored?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Alan14

Excerpt from Sally Traffic's entry in Wikipedis

'She has worked alongside Johnnie Walker, Chris Evans and Simon Mayo on their respective Drivetime shows, Steve Wright during the afternoon and Jeremy Vine at lunchtime.'

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Yes, but that's when Chris Evans did the afternoon show.

The morning traffic reporter is Lynn Bowles

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

alan14

You are correct - mea culpa.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

130,000 out of 60,394,259 is 0.2% of the population is massive.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

octal 85% confidence level is the square root + 1, 7747 for 60 million.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015