We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I need some Electric Gates

woodchip
Resolved

Likes # 0

This is a Question, Does anybody live in my area that knows of a good firm that fits automated electric gate.

Penistone Barnsley Sheffield etc

Like this post
Colonel Graham

Likes # 0

Here you go old friend Midhopestones

Like this post  
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No - But I can think of several points to ask about:-

If there is a power-cut will they open manually without doing damage/getting a hernia

Is there a lower flap that can be lifted/hinged up to clear a snow fall

Would a sliding gate be better than an normal swing gate

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes there is override if no electric, no snow flap unless I asked for one.

Problem with that is how big a flap. that means How much snow

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Another point - if you go for a sliding gate, make sure the installer properly boxes in the bit the gate slides into.

A couple of kids were killed last year by sliding gates, and it never reaches the news that lots of pets meet a sticky end by the same means.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

no room for sliders. They have to be double wrought iron gates opening and mechanics underground if possible. 150 mill square box section posts. 6 feet high. Gates in metal as I get that much wind where I am. Had problems with Thieves of late may have been scrap metal men Gipsies may be as I leave the Gates open when I go out. That's why I want some that work from a Remote to shut them on leaving

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS the gates you have just mentioned will be old gates as they have to comply with new safety regs as they are classed as a Machine, hence they now have to provide certification Ticket to cover for one year, after that they should be checked each year for the above like a mot for a car

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Forgot to say they should stop if anything gets in the way

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

woodchip

Hope there's no Gypsies visit this forum or you'll be in real trouble for equating them with scrap metal thieves...

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

alan14 They nicked a Trailer type wood branch chipper from round the corner from me. It was found about 400 yards from a Camp. It had a tracer on it. That's what they do to see if its found. If not they pick it back up and sell it

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

woodchip

Were they Gypsies, or just travellers? there is an important distinction and the genuine Romany folk are getting understandably peed off at being tarred for the crimes of the dirty travellers who roam the country robbing places and leaving behind a serious biohazard.

you'll find most of the travellers are of Irish decent, not Romany...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?