We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What first brought you here?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

Driving back to the office this afternoon I got to wondering - how did you first become involved with our forum?

I'm not asking when, but how - what first brought you to the PCA site, was it because you read about it in the magazine, heard about it from someone, or did you come here as a result of a Google search, or a link on another web-site? Perhaps you can't remember, it was so long ago?

If you can remember I would like to hear about it. I'm also interested to discover how many women take part in forum activities, but I do not in any way want to intrude on anyone's right to privacy - obviously there's no need to tell me if you would rather not; It's simply a matter of personal interest on my part.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ah! I just checked back 8073 posts ago, it was XP system restore not working. I never did find it reliable and used Ghost (Who made that 10 years ago?) instead.

How far off of being the most prolific poster am I...?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS am I a thorn in your bum?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Quickbeam quite a way to catch me up, unless I kick the Bucket. Posts 44.755

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you everyone - fascinating stuff.

It's true that many of the old forum names have disappeared over the years, but that's what happens. I've been involved with running other forums, and it has been the same with them. As you say,sunnystaines, people change their usernames, move on, or even (sadly) pass away.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Mine was quite simply a thread i had created about 6 years ago that wasn't allowed and FE at the time banned me lol (Sorry Peter) but after realising i was very sorry and the fact the forum had some great people who are genuine and not to mention the volume of users that also share their experiences i decided to create a new account and have never posted any spam or been rude and here i am six years later, i did have another account but i couldn't remember the password...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

woodchip

"PS am I a thorn in your bum?"

Yes, but I wouldn't have you any other way.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

although i new about the website and had a look now and again i did not become a member until i had a problem which was sorted quickly thanks to everyones help 8.5 years ago although i dont post alot i visit nearly every day

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I came to the forum via the magazine to ask a question and then kept coming back. One of my first questions was about replacing a Dell and one of the answers was to go for a Mesh PC. I didn't get a Mesh but had one custom built locally.

As well as my desktop and laptop I now have an iPad2 and I think that all of the recommends here may have had something to do with that.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic

"Mine was quite simply a thread i had created about 6 years ago that wasn't allowed and FE at the time banned me lol (Sorry Peter)"

Don't be - you're not the only one by a long chalk. Lots of banees (new word) are still with us under different user-names. I'm very happy with that, and very happy to confirm that you have "never posted any spam or been rude" since the incident you've referred to. Thanks for staying with us.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Thanks I try to make it a bit sharper, so it doesn't hurt as much when it goes in

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good