We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is the best freebie you've had.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

** .. and used the most?**

Mine is a yellow duck that shows the temperature of bathwater. It was in an envelope, sent by the local council, concerning safety in the house, a few years ago. Checking the water temperature for the children's bath it has been invaluable for me, though I still double check with the elbow. Simple but very useful.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

A battery tester that was given away at the ideal home exhibition one year, it tests the charge in all types of dry cell batteries and has proved incredibly useful over the years!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ms office 2007

got it off freecycle

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

In 1965 I managed to get a flight in one of our T4 Lightnings. 1000mph and a "Ten Ton Club" tie. My only mistake was, when asked if I wanted a reheat takeoff, I replied "yes"!!

If you want one now, you'll have to go to Thunder City, South Africa and it will cost you many pennies.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ams4127

would like to do the lightning trip, not sure if too tall at 6'3 and half inches tall.

will be on my list if i ever visit RSA. remember as a boy watching them take off and the afterburn glow pure power.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Well they were free but more of an inheritance really. My dad was a bricklayer all his life and when he died in 1976 I got his trowels, spirit level, plumb lines, snap string and hod along with his plasterers floats. They have travelled with me and been used all over the world on the half dozen or so homes and gardens we have owned. Google Earth still shows the brick patio and walls I built with those tools in Hurst, Texas when we lived over there. Definitely my best and most used freebie.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

chub_tor

You've just reminded me of the 'dollies' my dad made for me many years ago when I was a boat builder. Lathed to the right weight and used many times repairing clinker built boats. Haven't used them for years but still in my tool box.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today