We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you want to have a say?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

PC Advisor has a brand-new Reader Panel and we would love to hear your thoughts on the magazine. To thank you for signing up to our Panel, you will be entered into a draw to win £100 worth of Amazon vouchers.

Click here to sign up and let us know your thoughts.

Like this post
eikonuj

Likes # 0

I was willing to sign up for the Reader Panel but why when the choose your language option is available can I only choose English from Canada, Ireland, Scotland and USA but not England! When England is chosen it appears as Great Britain but the others appear as chosen. England is one of the 'home nations' and should be treated as equal. Not meant as a political rant but surely you can see my point.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

English is English, and doesn't need to be specified, all the others are variations of proper English.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

signed up about a week or so ago when i saw in on the PCA main page, any idea when it will get started?

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

There is an English (England) option, although heaven knows why there are options for England, Scotland, Wales, etc.

I'll ask the partners we're working with to get the panel up and running why these options exist.

It would be a real help if as many people as possible signed up for the panel. You won't be contacted a great deal but it will help us keep the site the way the users want it and also help us on a few campaign issues.

Plus there's the chance to win £100, which can't be bad. As not many have signed up so far there's a very good chance that you could win!

Cheers,

Simon Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Does this mean you can read it online? or do you have to buy the mag every month

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

It's for readers of the print, online and/ore mobile editions of PC Advisor - so everyone welcome!

Like this post
eikonuj

Likes # 0

My point is when I click on English (England) option it ends up as English (Great Britain) and not English (England). It smacks of an American viewpoint. It is all academic anyway,as has been stated why have so many variations of English on an online panel? The panel is a good idea though.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

England is part of Great Britain what's the problem?

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

I just heart a loud bump I think it was eikonuj following of his hobby horse or was it his high horse ;))

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

*My point is when I click on English (England) option it ends up as English* (Great Britain)

Any type of English is alright with me. I can understand it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made