We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Surgeon anger at TV crew during Cameron visit

john 52

Likes # 0

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

Thank you for pointing that out fourm member I never noticed myself

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Every one is going on and on about this bloke being a surgeon. My wife - who only worked in hospitals for over 40 years - is convinced he is a manager, who get massive amounts of money for doing very, very little except make work for each other.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

He is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon not a manager. For a different viewpoint suggest you read this article Telegraph as it would appear that the ward sister had given permission for the TV crew's dress. he would also appear to have "previous" Sky report

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Housten

"Everyone is going on and on about this bloke being a surgeon"

That's probably because he is a surgeon.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

As I retired Hospital Chief Executive I'm still laughing. For the unitiated Surgeons are God and Orthopaedic Surgeons think they are even higher. I used to have 24 of this country's finest Othopods to manage and I can assure you every day was exiting to say the least. This was clearly a post recovery ward so if normal barrier precautions were taken then normal visitors would not be a problem so I've no grumbles about the mode of dress of anyone including the surgeon.. The camera crew's equipment could however have caused problems to delecate equipment like electronic morphine syringe drivers plugged into patients as even mobile phones are not allowed in this area.

Someone has made an error in arranging a visit to such an area but I must say that the PM's decision taken in an awkward moment was certainly the correct one, and as much as I have no time for him, He got brownie points from me.

The surgeon went a bit overboard but that is what they do.

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

Yes I thought Cameron handled it quite well but Nick Clegg looked like a rabbit in the headlights !most people want Matrons back on the ward and the consultants reaction I am sure would have been the same as an old style Matron.

I wonder what David Cameron's reaction would be if a film crew doing a documentary went and filmed a cabinet meeting ? I wonder if Jim can still fix it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert