We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Surgeon anger at TV crew during Cameron visit

john 52

Likes # 0

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Good for him! I think he had every reason to be angry. This was a sanitised area and should have been respected by anyone with a crumb of common sense. TC.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

This kind of photo-op has been going on under all governments, and one presumes that it would have all been arranged at the hospital senior management level.

If not then the PM should be sacking from his entourage whoever didn't do his/her job properly.

Cameron looked quite shell-shocked, and I sympathise with him in his embarrassment. (Unless the particular surgeon had a personal axe to grind!). No doubt we'll find out in the fullness of time.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

People like this cameraman sometimes have a kind of arrogance about them. They seem to think they can go and poke their lenses anywhere and everywhere that suits them. All this is done in the name of free speech. Well there is a limit even to free speech.

Mind you I must also say that there are some senior consultants that are also arrogant. But this was his territory and he was right to defend it against intrusive and probably non sterile cameramen.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Firstly if I was prime minister and someone spoke to me like that I think they would be looking for a new job.

I think the Surgeon reaction was way over the top and I am sure he could have been a bit more polite and removed them at the same time.

His staff must have allowed the Camera men and the PM in so the surgeon should have been angry with them and not the Pm.

Now at least he knows who runs the hospitals and it is obviously not the government.

So obviously not a supported of the governments new deal for the NHS.

I can only think that the surgeon did not recognised the Pm and will regret his action now.

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

At the end of the day it is the consultant who responsible for the care of the patients and Labour are as guilty as the coalition government of using stage managed situations to promote a policy ! perhaps he objected to his patients being used in a publicity shoot which is what it was.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

strong textbutman="Now at least he knows who runs the hospitals and it is obviously not the government"

In the pecking order of things the medico. is top dog not some poitico. looking for a good bit of press coverage.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

"Firstly if I was prime minister and someone spoke to me like that I think they would be looking for a new job."

In which case you think wrong. Have a think about it.

I somewhat envy the man. I mean, at least he got to kick them out.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Nice one Doc! Glad to see someone is more concerned about his patient than publicity

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

good doc

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Err actually this Dr Angry was in his outdoor clothes also. Having worked in Pharmaceuticals and particularly in clean areas, I am always amazed at the apparent cross contamination potential in Hospitals. At the very basic level just having a requirement for all persons entering wards to don disposable overshoes might reduce the particulates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...