We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best thing!

Nontek

Likes # 0

So, apart from getting married and birth of a child, what is the best thing that has ever happened to you?

In my case it was Demob, after 21years and 21days in the Army!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'll post as soon as it happens!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Optimist!

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I don't think getting married was the best thing but being married is - 36 years next February.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

marvin42 Nice one, or should I say - nice 36!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

marvin42

I agree and I'll raise you 3 - 39 in September :o))

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'll raise again to 41 in Jan - and we still talk to each other (well, she talks and I listen).

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

(well, she talks and I listen) - probably why you are still going strong after 41!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

OK so forget the getting married, birth of children and being married for 47 years (which tops you lot so far) then performing my granddaughter's wedding ceremony last August on a beautiful beach at Poipu on Kauai is undoubtedly the best thing that has happened to me so far. All it took was one "Please, Granpa" and I was hooked; I was ordained over the internet and got all the legal forms from the State of Hawaii so everything was legit and above board. We had 40 guests from all over the world, the bride, groom and grooms parents came over from China where they live and work, 8 of us from the UK, dozens from Texas - where my daughter lives - several from other parts of the USA, one from Malaysia and one from Germany. Helping them through the giving and receiving of vows and rings made me the proudest Granddad in the world. And to cap it all while they were taking a breather from snorkeling two days after the wedding my daughter's boyfriend of 9 years proposed to her on the same beach. So now I get to do it all over again this August. but just a blessing ceremony this time in our back garden. Pray for sunshine in Devon all day on August 20th.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

chub_tor. Congratulations on your 47 years marriage. Hope you have many more years ahead of you.

I think it's going a bit far getting ordained just to be able to perform your Grand-daughter's wedding ceremony though. God help her mum and dad having to pay for that little lot too. Or has that tradition been dispensed with?

How is Yelverton looking these days? I must take a trip down there and see for myself as it's many years since I lived in the area. (Douseland). Happy days!

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Retiring three years ago at age 50 from the London Fire Brigade after thirty years service. I am now able to relax and pursue all of my many interests, take holidays when I want and just enjoy life at a slower pace.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects