We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is this man popular with you?

Cymro.

Likes # 0

http://ww[link text][1]w.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13682432

As a Republican I have little interest in him or anything he stands for but I must say at least he is good for a laugh and that is more than can be said for the rest of his tribe.

Like this post
Cymro.

Likes # 0

link text

Sorry I messed up the link again. This new site takes some getting used to.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No! He has beaten me in carriage driving competitions several times, he has better horses. Grr.

As a person he seemed to be OK whenever I have spoken to him, I can vouch for his extensive vocabulary.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

no don't like him seems too rude for no reason. one of the papers published his worst 90 gaffs

here is the link that lists them

link text

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

He can be incredibly insensitive, is often rude, and invariably irascible when being interviewed, but then I might be exactly the same if I had been brought up in a dysfunctional family and lived for most of my adult life in the shadow of my wife, and in the full glare of public scrutiny.

The difficulties of his position are considerable, but he has been financially secure and been waited on hand and foot by sycophants ever since his marriage, and there is absolutely no excuse for rudeness. If you don't want to behave in a civil manner when being interviewed you shouldn't agree to do it in the first place. I watched his interview with Alan Titchmarsh and had discovered no more about him at the end than I knew at the beginning. He seemed determined to disclose absolutely nothing.

" Aged just 10, Prince Philip was separated from every member of his immediate family, as they moved to live in different countries. But he said that was "no great deal"."

Show me the child, and I'll show you the man. He appears to have little idea about how to relate to people with any degree of warmth, but it's not his fault.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 1

Personally, I think he is brilliant. I would love to meet him.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I do hope I'm that mobile if I get to his age, his family bring a lot of revenue into this country.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Clearly a man of strong character, his life is his business and no one elses. Also remarkable for his years. He is his own man and I'm sure capable of a degree of warmth when he chooses.I'm glad he is prepared to speak his mind when others may think it but shy away from saying it, something that comes with age and maturity.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I'm glad he is prepared to speak his mind when others may think it but shy away from saying it, something that comes with age and maturity."

Being prepared to speak your mind has nothing whatever to do with age and maturity, it's something that people of all ages can do. 'Speaking your mind' is often a euphemism for being downright rude and insensitive.

We're talking about the Queen's husband for goodness sake - a man who has enjoyed just about every luxury that money can buy, and immense privilege into the bargain, a lifestyle that has been almost entirely funded by the ordinary people he tries to avoid whenever possible. You would think that the very least he could do would be to manage to conduct a reasonably cordial interview every decade or so.

His life is not "his business and no one elses", he's a public figure, and with that comes duty - his duty is to the people of this country, and it's not to much to expect him to be even tempered and reasonably informative when he's asked questions in an interview which he agreed to.

He's rude, arrogant, and irritable; he's always been that way, so I suppose at least he deserves credit for being consistent.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

As a patron of around 800 organisations and carrying out more public duties than any other Royal other than his daughter he hardly avoids ordinary people whenever possible.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I take it we can all assume you are not a fan of the DoE? :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...